Amateur Radio Society of India (ARSI) announces the 2016 edition of the popular VHF Hill-topping Contest. The contest is scheduled to be held on 6 & 7 February 2016. The contest will take place on the 6m and 2m bands on FM only and is open to all VU hams.
How to register
- The Contest Calendar for 2016 can be viewed here: http://www.arsi.info/contests
- The VHF Hill Topping Contest link will take you to the contest summary page where there are links at the bottom
- The stations desirous of operating from Hill-top locations need to register via a web-form accessible through that page. Only the Team-leader needs to register and share copies of his licence.
- Upon registering and remitting the fee via NEFT, please fill up the authorisation letter (attached) and scan it along with your licence copy email@example.com
- You will get an acknowledgement confirming your registration only when your payment details have been verified and scanned copies received.
- The permission will be requested for one callsign only for a particular hill-top location.
- Once the permission from WPC has been obtained, these will be emailed/faxed to the Team Leader or Individual registered.
- The Contest Manager will communicate your spot frequency to you individually via email.
- The list of spot frequencies shall be published on the VHF Hill-top Contest page without any other details. (refer the rules and FAQ for a better understanding of this)
During the Contest
- Operate within the rules and have fun.
- Send your Cabrillo log file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th February. No paper logs or any other format shall be accepted.
- The results will be published in the month of April.
The Rules, Authorisation Letter format, and FAQ documents are also available under www.arsi.info/resources